This page contains everything you need to know about Digital Signage. What is it and where is it used?
What is Digital Signage?
Digital Signage is a form of communication which uses digital screens to display dynamic content. This is in contrast to static signage such as posters, prints and plates. Until recently, Digital Signage was too expensive a solution to use for many companies. The costs of Signage Displays or Android Panel PCs or Intel Panel PCs were just too high for them to become common. The revolution in LCD, LED and plasma screens changed this. Nowadays, Digital Signage is commonplace in many environments and is used for many applications.
Where is Digital Signage used?
Digital Signage is used in many markets and environments, we highlighted some of them which you might recognize:
- Retail: advertisements, information about special offers, company branding.
- Corporate: digital signage is often used around the office, for instance for internal communication purposes.
- Transport: for instance at airports and stations, information about arrival and departure times, advertisements of shops and restaurants.
- Healthcare: waiting room entertainment, advertising for pharmaceutical companies.
- Education: you will find a lot of digital signage solutions in museums, for instance at the Kymenlaakso Museum
ProDVX and Digital Signage
We offer a wide range of Signage Displays and Panel PCs which are great for your Digital Signage solution. Looking for a display to use for Digital Signage? Make sure to get in touch with our team or find a partner near you.